Announcement from Trustees & Executive Members
Gandhi Hall, Manchester
We have carefully considered the new guidance published by the Government advising on measures to put in place prior to re-opening of religious places. Our top priority is to ensure safety of our devotees, Shastri ji and staff (including volunteers) and for that we would request all to please follow the guidelines as listed below:
- Please follow the one way queuing system/signs and any other directions put in place for darshan of deities.
- There will be a restriction on the total number of people allowed within the Mandir at any one time. Subsequently you may have to queue outside, and we ask you to respect social distancing of the recommended 2 metres. We politely request no more than 5 people from the same household attend the mandir at any one time.
- Please do not stay for longer than 20 minutes during your visit to the mandir; be considerate of others and limit your time during darshan. You may be politely requested to leave if others are waiting to enter the Mandir.
- ‘NO PRASAD or FLOWERS’ offering is permitted for now, so please do not bring anything from home to offer to deities.
- Please do not approach Shastri ji for any prasad, tikka or personal issues during your time in Mandir.
- Humble request – if you have any symptoms of Covid (i.e. fever, cough, lethargy) Please stay at home and ensure you have contacted 111 for advice. High risk patient groups with medical problems should not attend if they have an isolation note from their doctor. If you’re unsure, please contact your GP.
- We recommend that you wear a mask and gloves particularly if you are aged 70 years or over. Please note this will not be provided by the mandir.
- No Food or Drinks served.
- Please do not touch anything/surfaces in the Mandir.
- Strictly maintain Social Distancing.
- Please use the alcohol gel before entering and after leaving the Mandir to sanitise your hands.
We are aware that most of you have been eagerly waiting for Mandir to reopen and so have we. You will be pleased to know that our Mandir opening time will remain the same as prior to the lock down after Sunday’s re-opening.
Mandir opening time:
Sunday: 11am – 1pm
We hope you are keeping safe and healthy and thank you for your cooperation.
Jai Shree Krishna
Trustees and Executive Committee – Hind Religious Society.