Who we are
The Hindu Religious Society, Registered Charity No. 518092, (“the Charity”) uses and is responsible for certain personal information held about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of the general administration of the Charity and your membership we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Your full name and title
- Your address for correspondence
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Communicate to you important information concerning the Charity, such as the date of the Annual General Meeting.
- Send newsletters from Shree Radha Krishna Mandir to you.
- When your membership expires we will continue to send you newsletters by email.
Who we share your personal information with
We will not share your personal information with any third party. However, if required by applicable law, we will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
- The provision of your name, address and email address is required from you to enable us to communicate to you important information concerning the Charity as well as send newsletters from Shree Radha Krishna Mandir to you
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. The length of time for which we retain your personal information is determined by operational and legal considerations.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on legitimate interests and specific consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the day-to-day activities and general administration of the Charity.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom.
Under the law you have a number of important rights free of charge, including but not limited to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email the General Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide
- enough information to identify you,
- proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you should contact the General Secretary by email at email@example.com
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK, the Information Commissioner, who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated and published on 4th June 2018. We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via a notice on our website.
How to contact us
Please contact the General Secretary if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Shree Radha Krishna Mandir, Gandhi Hall, Brunswick Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 4QB.